95 items found, showing page 7 of 8
- First Bus Scotland is holding recruitment events across the country to shine a light on the opportunities for women to excel in the business
- Traditional perceptions and stereotypes amongst the biggest challenges for First Bus to overcome
First Bus to invest over £10.5m in green transport for Aberdeen with ScotZEB funding from Transport Scotland
- First Aberdeen has been awarded a share in approved ScotZEB funding and will deliver 24 new electric buses across the city.
- First Bus has committed to spend a further £16.4m across its King Street depot in Aberdeen and Scotstoun depot in Glasgow.
- 30% of First Aberdeen’s fleet will be made up of zero-emission vehicles by Spring 2024.
- First Bus will future-proof its Aberdeen depot with installation of a new electrification infrastructure.
First Bus to invest £35m in green transport for Glasgow and Aberdeen with ScotZEB funding from Transport Scotland
- First Glasgow and First Aberdeen have been awarded a combined £18.6m in ScotZEB funding and will deliver 74 new electric vehicles across both cities.
- First Bus will invest a further £16.4m to further increase its zero-emission fleet.
- Over 40% of vehicles operating out of First Glasgow’s Caledonia and Scotstoun depots will be fully electric and zero-emission by Spring 2024.
- First Bus will future-proof its Scotstoun and Aberdeen depots with installation of the required electrification infrastructure.
The importance of life-saving skills highlighted as passenger suffered cardiac arrest
First Bus highlights the success of its engineering programme as National Apprenticeship Week 2022 kicks off
Former MD of First Aberdeen and Operations Director of First Glasgow has now been appointed to succeed Andrew Jarvis as Managing Director for First Bus in Scotland.
First Glasgow’s drive for new recruits took yet another shift in gear with the announcement of a new pay deal that improves pay progression and shift payments for its employees.
- Return of weekend night-bus network.
- 11 routes/corridors served across the city and beyond from evening of Friday 3rd December.
- Introductory offer of £1.50 single for the first 2 weekends of operation*.
- Regular single fare starting from £3 applies after the promotional period.
- Brand new 6pm PLUS ticket covering travel after 6pm as well as night bus services – starting from only £4!
- Return of night services helping to boost night-time economy and ease pressures on festive revellers caused by recent taxi shortages.
First Glasgow launch new £4k bonus scheme as drive for existing PCV licence holders to join the business ramps up
- First Glasgow currently recruiting for new bus drivers across Greater Glasgow operations.
- Glasgow’s biggest bus operator launches new £4000 joining bonus scheme for existing PCV licence-holders.
- Trainee and part-time positions also available.
- Mobility and accessibility a real concern to customers who view the restriction of access to union street as unnecessary
- Bus travel is less attractive and people are unwilling to accept a long travel experience for a pedestrianised shopping space.
COP26 team up from First Bus, Octopus Energy & Hitachi Europe to deliver ‘Together for our Planet’ showcase event on future of green transport
- First Bus have teamed up with Octopus Energy & Hitachi Europe - Principal partner of COP26, to deliver a showcase ‘Together for our Planet’ event.
- First Glasgow Caledonia Depot is now a rapid EV charging hub offering delegates & guests free rapid state-of-the-art chargers for their electric vehicles (EVs)
- The event will show how bus depots can be transformed into fleet charging hubs, accelerating the transition to zero emission fleets with immersive virtual reality & cinema experience of the future of transport.